Baby swim school program
Our baby swim school program is a fantastic way for your baby to experience the water while learning valuable, life-long water safety and swimming skills. The atmosphere is fun and stimulating and designed to give babies lots of opportunities to experiment with and enjoy their surroundings.
Our baby classes begin from 3 months and continue until your baby is 30 months (2.5 years old). The program requires a carer (mother/father) in the swimming pool. The instructors then provide guidance and instruction.
The initial objective of the program is to allow your baby to become comfortable in the water as well as allowing the carer to be at ease with the little one in the swimming pool. Later on in the program, objectives are aligned with specific skills which are outlined below.
Benefits from regular swimming lessons include:
- Safe entry and exit from pool
- Routines for survival i.e. floating on front and back
- Propulsion through water
- Confidence in submerging and moving under water
- Breath control
- Improved behavioural patterns like sleeping and eating
- Increased physical strength and coordination
- Awareness of social skills and social behaviour
- Self-confidence and independence
- Increased bond and trust with carer
- Enhanced concentration and alertness
What parents say?
Clair is fantastic! My son absolutely adores her and she is so good with all the children and parents. She concentrates on everyone and makes sure that we all feel part of the class.
Bronwyn Small- Enthusiastic parent
Experienced, Certified & Insured Instructors
Each Slipstream swim instructor has gone through a rigorous hiring process and is provided with insurance through Slipstream to ensure they deliver a fun and safe learn to swim experience.